What the...French Toast?!

We had a wonderful Easter breakfast with my in-laws.  My husband thought we should make French toast, so I said sure we can do that.  We don't have French toast very often at all.  I thought about going all out with stuffed French toast, but we decided to stick with the good ole regular French toast.

Together we dipped our Canadian whole wheat bread into our egg batter (I used egg beaters for half of the bread, and beaten egg with milk for the other half).  Once we put them on the a hot griddle, which we sprayed with cooking oil first, I sprinkled cinnamon over them.   We cooked the toast until each side was light brown and kind of crunchy.  We plated them and sprinkled confectionary sugar over the top and added sliced bananas and strawberries. 

Of course you need a little syrup for these once they hit your plate.

Hope the Easter bunny was good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment