Now this is a HOT-dog!

I stole this recipe off a tv clip from Frances Rivera's "The Dish".  She was visiting Spike's Junkyard Dogs in honor of Opening Day at Fenway.  It looked so good on tv I had to try it myself.

I used all beef Ballpark Franks, and threw them in the oven at 400 degrees for 14 minutes.  Of course, it's getting to be grilling season in New England, so you may prefer to grill them while sipping on your favorite summer ale.  While the dogs were cooking in the oven, I got the rest of my ingredients out:
  • Bulkie sub rolls
  • Yellow mustard
  • Hot diced jalapenos
  • Spicy Capicola Ham
  • American Cheese (on The Dish they used shredded swiss)
  • Dill pickles (spears)
I lined the inside of the rolls with yellow mustard, and the diced jalapenos.  Once the hot dogs were good to go, I added them on top.   I then topped the hotdogs with 2-3 slices of the spicy ham, and I added a slice of American cheese on top of that. I broke one slice in half and used the two pieces to cover the length of the dog.  Put the dogs under the broiler for a couple of minutes.  When the cheese has melted, the dogs are ready to hit the plate.  For the finishing touch, place the pickle spear on the top of the dog.  I served my dogs with a side of sweet potato fries.




I will warn you, this dog packs a lot of heat!  My mouth was blazing hot, and I love hot, spicy food.  Even my ice cold beer couldn't stop this heat.

You could get this dog at Spike's Junkyard Dogs, or you could enjoy this delicious dog at home...it's a much shorter drive to your kitchen, and the parking can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment