A little chocolate pie, a little alcohol, a little buzz.

A few months ago, I had these really good pudding shots at a bachelorette party courtesy of the Maid of Honor, Ms. Lauren Sullivan.  She rattled off how she made them, and I committed it memory, which was not an easy task given the circumstances!

I decided to transform these delicious pudding shots into an Easter dessert!  This recipe has alcohol in it.  Do what you will with that information.

You will need:
  • Chocolate cookie pie crust
  • 12 ounce container of fat free cool whip
  • Large box of sugar free chocolate pudding mix
  • Jimmies (optional)
  • 3/4 c Kahlua
  • 1/4 c Vodka
Mix the chocolate pudding mix with the Kahlua using a hand mixer or a whisk.  Then add the Vodka.  Once that is well blended add the cool whip, and stir/beat until the cool whip has been completely folded into the chocolate mixture.  Pour the filling into your pie crust, top with jimmies, and place in the freezer for at least an hour before serving.

The recipe above is what I used for my Easter dessert, however, I did find the alcohol content to be somewhat potent.  With that being said, I would use less Kahlua next time, but maybe you are braver than I am.  You could also substitute Kahlua with Bailey's.  It might even taste a little creamier if you used that instead.  I'll try that substitution next time I attempt this one! 

Remember don't eat and drive! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment