We eat a lot of tomatoes and mozzarella in this house.

Have you seen the backyard farms on the vine tomatoes at your grocery store?  They have been showcasing them at my local store, and serving samples with mozzarella cheese and basil with a lil balsamic mixed in.  So good, because you know I'm a sucker for tomato, motz, basil anything.  The upside is they give me a coupon to buy the tomatoes, and yes the marketing ploy sucks me right in and I buy them...consistently...for weeks.

We feel like a little pasta tonight, and we deserve it.  We worked hard at the gym this morning and our knees are sore to prove it.  I'm actually planning to ice these knees of mine when I finish this post.  I like to blame my sore knees on the fact that I need new sneakers (just ordered a new pair today), and not on the idea that I'm getting older and so aren't my joints. 

Cook a fun shaped pasta in boiling water. I chose penne because that's what I had in the cabinet.  Good reason, right?

While that's cooking, slice those delicious on the vine tomatoes (I used 5 of them), chop some fresh basil, and cut some fresh mozzarella cheese (yes, I said it, cut the cheese).  You can estimate how much basil and mozzarella you want.  I just eye-balled it.

I decide to go the olive route (1/4 c) and add minced garlic (2-3 cloves) and some granulated salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon each) in a bowl.  Add your cooked pasta to the bowl, and toss it in the oil mixture. Plate the pasta, and sprinkle the tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella on top.

This dish was like every dish I make, pretty easy, but really good.  It was light and fresh.  Perfect for any summer evening...or a Spring evening.  It is only April after all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment