Get your leafy green pizza here!

I promised a spinach, feta, and mozzarella pizza and ta-dahhhhh....here it is. 

Before - before I even put the tomatoes on!




Here it is before it enters the oven, and here it is after it left the oven.  Overall, the pizza was good.  While it was cooking, I was nervous it would be too bland and dry, but it wasn't at all.



After it came out of the oven...before we ate it all up!

I sauteed the spinach with some olive oil and minced garlic while the pizza stone was heating in the oven.  Once the pizza stone was ready for action (don't forget to lay down some cornmeal before putting the dough on that hot stone!), I added the spinach as the first layer on the dough, and then generously sprinkled feta and mozzarella cheese all over.  At the last second, I remembered I had a tomato in the fridge, so I cut that up and sprinkled that on top as well.  After that, I called it a day and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Once I took the pizza out of the oven, I added some red pepper flakes on top.  To be honest, I think the pizza would have been better without the red pepper flakes as we felt like they added an unnecessary kick, but again, overall we thought it was good.  So it's really up to you whether or not you want that extra lil punch!


In order to really enjoy this pizza (or any pizza), you should couple it with a delicious brew.  Our choose for this evening was a UFO White Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment