Does apple sausage count as a fruit and a protein?

The Red Sox have finally won a couple of games, and what better way to celebrate the start of Spring with some sausages.  It's too bad ballpark type foods are so fattening because they sure make for quick and easy dinners, which I love since the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time cooking after working all day.  Plus, I'm usually starving by the time I get home.

I picked up some apple and chicken sausage from the grocery store.  I decided to save on some calories and avoid putting them in a roll.  So I sliced the sausage and sizzled them in a pan with red and green peppers and sliced onions.  I was a little nervous the sweetness of the apple in the sausage wouldn't go well with peppers and onions, but it actually tasted fine.


Since we were going for a run tonight, I thought we needed some carbs to go with this meal.  I made some toasted almond Near East rice.  I always stock up on a variety of Near East rice when its on sale, otherwise it can be kind of pricey.

So again, nothing glamorous about this meal, but it was quick and easy, and hit the spot.  Good fuel for our run tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment