I'm in love with our pizza stone.

We registered for a pizza stone for our wedding, and received it at our Bridal Shower.  But it was only a few weeks ago when I finally decided to use it.  It was one of the only gifts I hadn't used yet.  So after talking to one of my friends about how much she loves her pizza stone, I decided the time had come to test this puppy out.  And....I'm in love.

The first pizza I made was chock full of vegetables plus pepperoni.  Here it is getting ready for the oven.
I didn't take a picture when I took it out of the oven, but it looked scrumptious!  My husband thought so too.  My only issue with the pizza stone test run was I didn't use enough corn meal on the stone, making some sections of the pizza very difficult to get off the stone.  But don't worry, I learned from my mistakes. 


Pizza number 2 went a lot smoother, and didn't stick!!  I went with motz, pepperoni, peppercinis, garlic, and red pepper flakes...yummmm. 

Next week, I'm thinking of making a spinach, feta, motz, and garlic pizza.  Then maybe something with prosciutto.  I'll keep you posted! 

But if you want to start making your own homemade pizzas, and you just ran out and bought a lovely pizza stone, you should preheat your oven with the stone in the oven. While the oven is preheating, grab all your ingredients, your dough, sauce, and desired toppings.  I buy the pre-made dough (it's too much work to make my own!).  Roll out the dough, if you don't have a rolling pin, use a wine bottle, I know you have one of those lying around.

Once the oven has finished preheating, remove the stone, sprinkle a fair amount of cornmeal on it and carefully lay your dough on top.  Add your sauce, I typically use about 1/2 a cup of sauce.  Your sauce can be regular tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, pesto, anything you want!  Once you've added your toppings, throw the stone back in the oven and cook it for about 15-20 minutes depending on how crunchy you like your pizza, and viola dinner is on the table!

1 comment: