Are you ready for some football?

The Patriots are in the playoffs, and all is good in the world.  For now at least.  We're having friends over for the game, so of course we need some food!  I decided there's no better way to celebrate this joyous occasion than with some turkey chili. 

I am a big fan not only of the Patriots, but also of my crockpot.  I browned my ground turkey in a pan, rinsed it to get all the fat off, and threw in my crockpot.  I added a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, a can of kidney beans, a can of cannelli beans, a chili seasoning packet, a large chopped green pepper, and a large chopped red pepper, a medium chopped onion, and for today's occasion some corn.  Let it marinate in the crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.

What's chili without toppings??  I set out chopped red onion, shredded cheddar cheese (reduced fat of course), and some fat free sour cream. 

Want some extra heat?  Pick up a small habanero chili pepper, chop it, and throw it in!  Make sure to wash your hands after.  Trust me you don't want to accidentally touch your itchy eye after handling those hot peppers!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the chili was the highlight of the night....the Patriots blew it.  I guess there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment