Panini Time!

Is there anything better than a tasty panini?  I could probably name a few things, but c'mon a tasty panini is up there!  I went on a slight panini kick for Saturday lunches coupled with some veggie straws (my latest addiction), and a pickle of course!

These two panini recipes are super, crazy easy!

For paninis, I like to use thicker bread

such as the Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse bread.  Throw a light coating of butter on one side of each slice of bread, and on the other side a light coating of pesto spread.  Add a healthy slice of mozzarella cheese. Now comes your options.

One day, I made a meatball panini, so I added sliced cooked meatballs and some sauce.  Another day, I went with breaded eggplant and some sauce.

Meatball Panini
Eggplant Panini
Once you have constructed your panini, place your panini (butter side down) on your grill pan and cover with something heavy!  I have one of those cast iron thingy mabobs.  Cook it until it's nice and toasted, flip, and repeat!  Both sides should be nicely toasted, and your cheese nicely melted.  Time to enjoy.

Plate with your favorite snack on the side.  And maybe even a little extra sauce for dipping :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. B- you are spot on! I got a panini maker for Xmas this year (no lie) and it was the best present I received (besides the Keurig machine that my GF gave me, of course). As a gluten-free guy, I have been torturously deprived of sandwiches for several years. Now that GF bread is readily available at most grocery stores ("GF" btw will be used for both "girlfriend" and "gluten-free" in this post -- interchange as you see fit), I not only feel human again, but I can take my sandwich-making skills to the next level in the form of a panino. Heaven, I say, heaven! Buon appetito, amici! PS. pls do a future post on Heavenly Hash ice cream, so us GFers can at least live vicariously thru you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete