My mini Oreo Chocolate Trifle!

I am often asked to make my chocolate trifle for holidays, and I don't mind a bit!  Mostly because when else do I get to use my trifle bowl!!!  I love having reasons to use it, and enough people around to actually consume its contents.

This trifle does not contain meat for those of you who were wondering. (Little inside joke for my Bentley girls).

What you need:

  • A box of brownie mix (check the box and make sure you have the ingredients to make the brownies, i.e. oil, eggs, etc)
  • 2 boxes of instant pudding mix (you'll need milk for this)
  • A large container of fat free Cool Whip
  • 2 snack packs of mini oreos
Ready for this super uncomplicated dessert?

Make the brownies according to the package.  Make the pudding according to the package, which consists of adding the pudding milk, whisking with milk, and putting in the fridge for 5 minutes.  I hope you can handle it!

Once your brownies are down, let them cool completely.  Then, cut them into small squares.

Grab that trifle dish you have been dying to use since you got it as a wedding gift, and start the layering process.  I typically do 2 layers of everything, so I use half of each thing for each layer.  First, add a layer of brownies.  Why brownies?  Because they can handle the pudding and cool whip without getting soggy like cake would.  Then add your first layer of pudding, and then your first layer of Cool Whip.  Top the Cool Whip with one of your snack size containers of mini Oreos.  Repeat this process.


Place in the fridge until time to serve.  There won't be many leftovers, if any, so make sure you serve yourself  some before it's all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment