Pear, Walnut, and Gorgonzola Salad

So I know you've all been out to a restaurant and have seen a pear, walnut, and Gorgonzola salad on the menu.  You've probably ordered it a few times, or at least thought about it.  Well, there's no reason you can't make this wonderful salad at home!  This salad will be our main dish for lunch this week (it was last week too ;-) ), and it's so good and filling at the same time.

As you know I get the big package of spring mix from BJ's because it lasts all week for lunches in my house.  I got a package of Gorgonzola (from BJ's again, seriously, I've said it before, I need to buy some stock!).  I picked up some candied walnuts from my local grocer along with organic pears.  Pears are one of the dirty dozen so splurge for the organic kind if you can!

So there's not a lot that goes into making this salad.  There's virtually no prep work!  Yay!  Get some greens, put them in a bowl, add two heaping teaspoons of Gorgonzola, and a handful of walnuts, and you're practically done!  I usually wait until lunch time to cur up my pear and add to the salad, as pears will turn brown and get mushy if cut ahead of time.  Serve with a little balsamic vinaigrette.

Very easy salad for lunch.  Takes minutes to prepare, but will fill you up at lunch time!  Your coworkers will be jealous of your lunch.  I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment