Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Superbowl Sunday...yes, please!

For those of you who have been living under a rock the last few weeks, the PATRIOTS are in the Superbowl!!  As you can see, I can hardly contain my excitement!!! And as you know you can't have a Superbowl party without friends, food, and beer....well you could, but your party sounds like it would be pretty lame.  Just sayin'.


To get geared up for the big game, I just took a 8 lb pork shoulder/ Boston butt trimmed off the fat (which honestly has to be the worst part), slathered it in some plain yellow mustard, and then rubbed that butt with some amazing spices all over.


To make your spice rub, combine the following ingredients in a bowl:
Show your pork shoulder some lovin'!

  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (you know I did 2, because I love some kick)
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 4 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons table salt
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Once you have covered the pork in your spice rub, swaddle it in some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to marinate.  I'm keeping mine in there over night, but you can do as short as 3 hours, or as long as 3 days....your choice!  

Tomorrow morning, I will put that 8 lb baby in my crockpot, and set it on low for 8 hours with 1/4 cup of water.  Then, shred the meat using two forks, discard any fat, and add a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce to the crockpot.  I'll be using some Sweet Baby Ray's.  Keep cooking on low for another 30-60 minutes.  Make sure to have extra BBQ for your sandwiches!

Grab some rolls, stuff 'em will some pulled pork, throw a little more BBQ sauce on top, and you're good to go!  I'll be serving my pulled pork sandwiches with some jalapeno and cheddar cornbread and a side of my husband's home brew (he's waiting to name it until after the big game)!  

Enjoy....and....GO PATS!!!!  BRING HOME ANOTHER RING!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment