It's a BLT kind of Saturday.

It was only recently that I discovered my love for BLTs.  In fact, it was last summer, and let me tell you I practically lived off of them.  The key to making a phenonmenal BLT is making sure you use fresh ingredients, and a little Chipotle mayo of course!  I'm a huge fan of flavored mayos when it comes to BLTs.  Don't be boring with your plain ole regular mayo, spice it up a notch!
The other best part of BLT's is the short grocery list:
  • Bread
  • Beefsteak Tomato
  • Your favorite mayo
  • A head of Boston premium lettuce
  • and Organic Maple Smoked Bacon or whatever bacon you prefer
Cook your bacon.  I cook mine on the griddle.   While the bacon is cooking, I spread some mayo on my bread, you only need a little on each piece, and throw the uncoated sides down on the griddle as well.  My bacon is cooking, my bread is toasting...and me?  I'm slicing a thick slice of tomato, placing it nicely on my bread while it's toasting, and also taking two perfect piece of lettuce from my premium Boston lettuce head, rinsing and drying before also adding to my bread.  Oh look at that, the bacon is done.  Throw that on top of the lettuce, and whamo!  My BLT is complete! 
You want a little something extra for that sangwich?  Throw on some sliced avocado for a BLAT!  Yum!

Serve with some veggie straws, and lunch is served!  Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment