"This is one of the best lunch sandwiches I've ever had."...with a smoothie on the side.

After making this sandwich, after my husband's first bite, he said, "This is one of the best lunch sandwiches I've ever had."  So I know your next question.  Well, what was it?

It was a grilled cheese.  A really REALLY good grilled cheese.

You'll need:

  • 2 pieces of thick bread.  I used honey wheat Arnold bread.  It's hearty.
  • 3 slices of cheese (you decide which cheese you want to use)
  • Guacamole (2 avocados and McCormick Guacamole mix)
  • 2 pieces of cooked bacon
  • Butter - or if you're like me, and you can't believe it's not butter - you can use that :-)

First prepare your guacamole.  Spoon out the goodness from two large, ripe avocados (remove the pit).  Mash with a fork, and stir in the mix.  Put in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.

Spray your griddle (or pan) with olive oil spray.  Next time, I would probably use some coconut oil instead, as coconut oil is my new obsession.  Butter the outsides of your bread and place them butter side down on the griddle.  Layer on your cheese, cooked bacon, and your guacamole.  Once the outsides of the bread are toasted, form a sandwich and plate. Add veggie straws for a little extra sumptin' sumptin'.

For the smoothie, simply blend:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of frozen mango chunks
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 cup of milk (whatever milk you like)
  • A healthy splash of vanilla extract
If you have extra avocado leftover, you can always add that to your smoothie too!  Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment