Caprese Sandwich

You know how I roll. I like a quick, easy sandwich on a busy Saturday afternoon.  It's been a productive day.  First, dropped off the mountain of beer bottles and cans at the redemption center.  Earned ourselves enough cash for another beer purchase.  I'm thinking possibly some Abita Strawberry...we'll see.  Then, hit up the gym, then the grocery store, dropped off clothes at the thrift store, finished the laundry, and I'm starving!

During grocery shopping I decided I'd pick up the ingredients for a caprese sandwich.  Here's what you'll need:
  • 2 slices of your favorite bread.  I used Arnold 10 grain.  Hearty bread but only 80 calories a slice.
  • a handful of arugula
  • 2 thick slices of tomato
  • 2 thick slices of mozzarella
  • Pesto basil
Spread some pesto basil on each slice of bread.  Layer on the arugula, tomatoes, and mozzarella.  Poof...you're done! So quick and easy, but more importantly, so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment